Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Unkown Destinations

So, Ryan and I began our motorcycle trip yesterday. I wanted to post from my phone, but apparently, they won't let me :) ...

So
Day 1: We left Woodstock, IL at approximately 6am. This was to beat the rain that was coming and thank goodness.. WE BEAT THE RAIN!! :) We drove through Illinois, Indiana and into Louisville, KY. We arrived at about 3pm. The ride was honestly quite boring, but we totaled 405 miles for the day. THAT IS A LOT.. and we are not planning on doing that again. We at dinner at a local restaurant and went to bed.

Day 2: Today's ride was beautiful. We left around 7am and headed toward Cave City, KY. We forgot that the time changes when you drive back and forth in KY, so we could have slept a little later.. BUT OH WELL! :) .. We arrived in Cave City at about 8:15am. We drove through Mammoth Cave National Park and found the tourist center. It was beautiful..and also smelled really great too!! We then took the historic 2mile, 2 hour tour of the caves. It was absolutely amazing!! We literally had to duck walk through some parts of it because it was so small in some parts! I can't wait to take the boys there! Ryan and I are planning to do that next summer. I would do it later this summer but the boys are already taking a trip to Florida with my mom (THANKS MOM) and they are super excited about that!! A trip with NANA.. no parents :)!! We were also quite amazed that a blind man chose to take the tour through the caves as well! I thought that was pretty cool to watch. He did really well!! It's too bad he couldn't see some of the awesome sights that were there!! I will post pics on my facebook and here when I get home!! Did you know that the Mammoth Caves sometimes flood?? Well, now you do :)
We got back on the motorcycle after the 2 mile hike and rode about 200 miles here, to Harriman, TN. We are on our way to Charlotte, NC tomorrow to take a tour of Lowe's Motor Speedway and Hendrick Motorsports!

Well, that's it for now!! If I don't check in tomorrow I will try to do it every few days!!!

The boys are with Ryan's mom currently. They were in the pool out in Woodstock where it was 71 degrees!! Oh To be a kid again!!! :) Oh.. by the way.. it's 90 degrees and sunny here :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! I always wanted to visit Mammoth Cave but never got the chance. Can't wait to see the pics!