Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Work, Homework, and More

So, it's Tuesday. This week seems to be going by a little faster than last week which is good. My students are finally accepting that I am not going to give an inch and that their behavior has consequences. It was a tough argument, but I win!! :) .. A lot of the kids just think that they can do what they want and whenever they want, so when they are held accountable they react. They become angry or aggressive. I have an awesome aide so she does well and we both stay extremely consistent!!! The other thing they seem to have a hard time with is Minding Their Own Business... We call that and MYOB... and they are struggling with not being concerned with the other student in the classroom!! They are so worried about what another kid's consequence is that they forget to worry about their own!!! :) So, so far, a good week with work.

Benjamin and Caden are doing well. They are enjoying school. They both miss Ryan as well as their other parents. They are both struggling with that a little bit because neither parent has picked them up!! I see their hearts ache and that makes me sad. All you can say for them is, "We are here for you and that's what matters.". .. .. Both boys have a little more homework than they did last year, but they are hanging in there. Both of them are very good about getting their work done with no complaints!!

Ryan just called and said he will be coming home to get the car tomorrow so he can come home on Thursday night for good. I am so excited!! I really miss him sleeping next to me and him being here!! Plus... if he comes home I can start looking for a new dryer!! Ours broke so I have been hanging our clothes out to dry and that is really hard to keep up!! :)

I guess that's it for now..

No comments: