Thursday, November 20, 2008

AMAZED AT THE COURT SYSTEM

So, had court today. I THOUGHT (ha ha) I might get somewhere today. I was told I was going to be getting the money that biodad owes me from when he was in jail. He owed me quite a bit, so I was looking forward to this money to pay off some bills, and of course for Christmas(which I am not really sure how I'm going to pay for at this point!). I got to court, and bio dad didn't show up. I talked to my lawyer, he said we can still put the order in to get the money turned over to me. I was like cool.. I will still get my check.. WRONG!!

John, my lawyer, comes over to me while he's writing out the check and says.. they write the check to me and then you get it from my office. I said, "okay... so I don't get it today?" He says, "no, but in a couple of days." I was like.. okay that still works. We go in front of judge and we get the order for the check approved. As we are walking out John says, "They said the check might take 3 days, it may take 6 weeks." I was like, "what??!!" I was so close to tears I left. I am so counting on that money.

I DON'T GET IT... He went to jail on Oct. 2, He paid the money shortly after, as far as I know. I was told I would get the money. I never saw it.. called the lawyer, and he said, "no, you'll have it on Nov. 20." Then I get there today and they are going to tell me.. 6 WEEKS!! How do they expect people to pay their bills.. I mean freakin' A... what in the world did he get sent to jail for?? I still have no money and he is out wandering doing whatever he wants.. including NOT picking up our child for visitation... which of course couldn't be discussed because he didn't show up... and do you think he gets a consequence for not showing... Nooooooooooooo, of course not!!! They will give him.. ANOTHER chance to show on Dec. 11. Ugh!

Then, I leave court, and since Bio Dad wasn't there I figured I would call and try to attempt to set up Thanksgiving visitation. It is Bio-Dad's year to have B for Thanksgiving. I called and left a message asking if he would like him Wednesday night or Thursday morning. His response, "I'M NOT PICKING HIM UP FOR THE HOLIDAYS..." B's birthday is Dec. 24.... so I said, "You are not even going to get him on his birthday at 6pm (it is also his year to have him on Christmas Day).... " He says, "I told you I am only available a couple of hours a week.. did you think I was kidding????"..... I told him off. I told him he is just hurting B.. I asked if he was going to tell B that he wasn't going to come..... his response, "I don't have to explain anything to him or you!!"

I'm so frustrated.. sometimes I wonder why I ever went to court.. but God help me.. I WILL NEVER LET HIM GET AWAY WITH NOT PAYING FOR ANOTHER CHILD!! I've spent so much money on lawyers at this point.....He can walk away.. he can be gone for the next 8 years.. and I may wait until right before B's 18th birthday to ever go back to court again.. . but so help me .. HE WILL PAY!!

Okay.. so I vented a bit here.. but it felt good...... I'm going to go before you all get bored!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

We don't know each other well, just have our common friend. But my heart couldn't help but break for you and your son over this post. Like that saying goes, any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad. I don't want to pretend that I know all about your situation, but at least your son has a mom that thinks the world of him. I grew up without my mom in my life, and I know it's tough to have a parent missing, but the love you can give him will let him know he's worth a million bucks! Just wanted to encourage you a little. Then I ended up rambling! Sorry!