Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back at Home

Went to Florida for the last 5 days. It was beautiful weather. I come home.. and blah! I want to go back.. It is gorgeous out there. . people thought we were crazy because we had shorts on.. The funny thing is, it was 74 degrees there!! They said they were cold... hah! :)

We had an excellent time with the familiy and it was a lot of fun! I got to see my Grandma and Grandpa who I love dearly and that was probably the most favorite part of my trip!.. . .

The funniest even was when C fell in the ocean because he got dizzy from looking at the waves... HE WAS FULLY CLOTHED!! :) It was great!! I would post a pic but the husband is using my computer right now!! ugh!! I will post pics soon here and/or on my facebook. Both boys experience their first upside down roller coaster!!

Sadly, while I was in Florida, my Grandmother (my father's mother) that lives here in Chicago passed away. She was diagnosed with liver cancer not too long ago (September). It was quick, but I know she is out of pain. Her funeral was Monday and I really struggled to decide if I should have stayed in Florida or if we should come home for the funeral. After discussing it with R, we decided we would stay in Florida (my mom and dad were okay with us staying there. . actually told us to stay). We were there to visit my other grandparents and I thought it was important to spend the little time we did have with them and what a better way to help celebrate my grandma's life by spending it with my other one!! I know that is what my Grandma would have been okay with.

I did not tell the boys until we came home. B was not very happy with me that I waited to tell him, but I told him I didn't want him to worry or be sad while we were gone. I told him we would go visit Great-Grandma's grave and he could say 'good-bye' there. He cried for a little while and is still sad, and stated, "It's just not fair." I read somewhere once that I child does not fully understand the meaning of death until they are 9 or 10. Well, that's how he is, so I think he really gets it. He has only experienced one other death and that was my best friend's father, and I don't think he fully comprehended that when he was only 5. Unfortunately, that death occured when we went to Disney World the first time! C handled it okay. He had some tears, but he has only met my Grandma once or twice. He is often at his mom's when we saw her on the holidays. He was supportive of B and me and he is such a great kid with a big heart! Both of the kids are! I'm so thankful for them!

As upset as they can get me to be... they can always put a smile on my face!

I love you Grandma...and you will always have a place in my heart!!! XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandma. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your other grandparents. I didn't realize you had family in FL. Sounds like you guys had a good time. Praying for your family.

Sherrylinn said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother. Thanks for stopping by my spot on the web. I'll be praying for you an your family!